- “The Work that Reconnects” Retreat – Feb 10th – 11th, 2018 – Providence Farm, Duncan
- 24 Hour Eat Local Challenge May 30th, 2017
- Town Hall to Discuss the LEAP Manifesto – Duncan United, Jan 29, 1:30 – 3:30pm
- The Work that Reconnects Retreat – Nov 26th & 27th
- 5th Annual Cowichan Eat Local Challenge – May 24th
Monthly Archives: April 2015
Join us for Earth Day Celebrations tomorrow, Saturday Apr. 25th from 10 am to 2 pm. The festivities are on the grounds of the Green Door adjacent to the Duncan Farmers’ Market. There will be marimba all day on the Duncan stage and lots of local vendors at the market. Earth Day participants include: Transition Cowichan, along with Cowichan Green Community (CGC), Cycle Cowichan, the Tiny Homes initiative, U-Cycle, One Cowichan with its Cowichan Solar campaign, the towns of North Cowichan and Duncan, with their Climate Action Plan and Blue Dot initiatives and others.
Forty classes of elementary-aged children will have “passports” and receive a “stamp” at each booth after participating in an activity. Transition Cowichan’s Susan Smith will have her treadle sewing machine at the ready to teach children and others how to hem napkins – learn a new skill and start to replace the family’s disposable napkins with cloth all at the same time! Susan has also quilted us a new banner! For our “Passport” activity – Sandy has plant tags ‘upcycled’ from plastic milk jugs for kids to label. These will then be used at the CGC booth where they will be planting seeds into newspaper pots.