- Charged Up Festival of Climate Alternatives – Sept 21, 2019 – Repair, Share & Re-skill
- Youth Climate Strike – Sept 20, 2019
- “The Work that Reconnects” Retreat – Feb 10th – 11th, 2018 – Providence Farm, Duncan
- 24 Hour Eat Local Challenge May 30th, 2017
- Town Hall to Discuss the LEAP Manifesto – Duncan United, Jan 29, 1:30 – 3:30pm
You’ve heard of the 3R’s…..Reduce, Re-use, Recycle. Are interested in adding Repair to this mantra?
Are you a fixer? Do you have items you would rather learn to fix than throw “away”?
Repair cafés enlist volunteer fixers to help community members fix broken household items and teach them basic repair skills.
They help shift us from a throw-away to fix-it society! (I know many of you have been hungry for this type of solution.)
Most of the fixers are hobbyists who enjoy helping others and want to keep items out of the landfill. Fixers can repair computers, toasters, lamps, chairs, clothes, jewelry, books and more!
Let us know if you are interested in being a fixer, helping to organize a Repair Café day or interested in getting help with fixing something – Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org if a Cowichan Repair Café interests you!